Thursday, July 10, 2008

ROAD TRIP TO UTAH

We hadn't been to Utah since 2000, so we headed north for a Jex Family Reunion in Heber and on our way made a few stops to BYU, Temple square, etc. It was a great trip and a very fun family reunion. Here are a few of the memories:

PROVO/BYU: We were in Provo for the 4th of July so we started the day at the Provo parade...only in Utah would you see missionaries marching in the parade and an Institute float with a couple singing "Goin' to the "temple" and we're gonna get ma..a..a..ried" It was great! Then we had lunch at VJ's cousins house with lots of the family. We ended the day at the "STADIUM OF FIRE" with Miley Syrus and the Blue Man Group. It was a lot of fun, and the fireworks pictures don't even begin to give it justice!





Family Reunion at Reid Ranch: Horseback riding, paddle boats on the lake, mini golf, archery, swimming pools, basketball, and soccer just to name a few of the fun activities!





TEMPLE SQUARE: We toured the visitor's center and heard the Tabernacle choir.




(I took this picture all by myself, aren't you impressed!)


5 comments:

megan said...

Hey!!! nice nice temple picture...I love all of the temple ones AND the flag one is pretty cool too...most impressed with your photodocumentation :) I was beginning to worry that I'd have to look at those delicious kabobs for another month!

Katie said...

How fun! I love the pictures- especially the one of your family in front of the temple.

Dawn said...

fun! I really like Temple Square, when the temperatures aren't extreme. Looks like fun! Aren't you ready for school? I sure am!

the twins said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your Utah trip. We feel bad that we didn't get to see you. Hopefully next time. Your kids are sure getting big.
Christine

Brittney Smith said...

What a great trip!! Looks like you guys had plenty of fun things to do!! I would love to visit Utah soon.