Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day!

Today was such a great Mother's Day! My kids were AWESOME, I got to take a nap, and I didn't have to cook or clean up breakfast or dinner!
P & L made me these GORGEOUS bead necklaces in their Sunbeam church class. They were very proud of their artistic ability, so I wore them proudly!
Da BOYZ!
Being a mother is by far the hardest thing I have ever done, but the most rewarding. It is pictures like this that remind me how lucky I am!
V and the kids made breakfast and dinner and I was sooooo impressed I had to take a picture. Apricot glazed grilled chicken kabobs with apricot couscous and broccoli. And just check out the dessert...............................
Lemon-berry yogurt parfaits with homemade granola. (Well, I made the granola, but they did everything else!)
YUMMY!

8 comments:

Kara said...

I love the pic with all the kids. Good smiles. Mothers day might be my new favorite holiday. It's fun to be spoiled but you are also reminded all day how lucky you are. Glad you had a great day!

megan said...

I wanted to say "hate" but that's a strong word...so I'll just say I so happy for you!!! I'll just tell myself that I helped...APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN KABOBS!!! seriously?

Kim said...

You lucky lucky girl!!!! I want the recipes!!! Those parfaits look yummy.

Angie said...

So way to go on the hair do sis! It looks great and so do you! Love all the pictures! Your parfaits look a lot prettier than mine did, but I still think they were a hit! Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Katie said...

Wow! I am so impressed with that food. They really went all out. I love the pictures of you with your kids. You look beautiful and you're kids are so smiley and cute.

Shelly said...

Wow, it looks like you had a great day! I love all of the pictures, and the food looks simply scrumptious!

Brittney Smith said...

Wow!! What a great mothers Day! Your kids look so cute. Way to go Vernon on the food. I'm impressed!

shannon said...

great to see you guys last week at the reunion! now you need to blog about it!