Friday, September 11, 2009

WARNING!! It's catch up time!

So, I'm going to have to rewind our lives and play a little catch up!
In May, we took a fabulous trip to Nauvoo and Chicago with my mom & dad.
Nauvoo is an amazing little town and I really gained a greater appreciation for the early Mormon Saints who had to work so hard and went through so much. Learning more about their stories was inspiring.

The temple is beautiful and it was a spiritual boost to be there. We saw friends who were there serving missions, the Fuhrimans & Jeremy Moore, and visited with the temple President and his wife who knew VJ as a teenager.

Then we were off to Chicago. What an amazing city! I was pleasantly surprised! The buildings are cool, the city is clean and the public transportation isn't that scary. (Well, unless you get off the subway at the wrong stop at midnight on your way home from the theater and end up in a "sketchy" part of town! But don't worry, I had my brave hero with me and we were just fine!)

The boys got to see Wrigley and catch a baseball game, while the girls headed to the Miracle Mile for a little shopping!:)

And, of course we had to stop and get a picture with Darth Vader, since our boys are going through a Star Wars fanatic phase!
We had such a great time running and riding bikes along Lake Michigan, eating at some AMAZING restaurants, seeing the musical Mary Poppins, and visiting all the sights. We are thankful we got to stay and spend a little time with VJ's cousin, Allison.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You call that catch up?! We did the Nauvoo/Chicago trip a few years ago. We had the kids with us so I didn't LOVE Chicago toting my babes around on the L and in the snow. I did love Nauvoo! Looks like you had lots of fun and you got to see Mary Poppins! So jealous over here. (: Now, let's see your real catch up......

Unknown said...

Ha! That was Krista, not Ryan. (;

Brandi said...

It's catch up in baby steps....there's more to come, just you wait!:)