So, I guess it has become a tradition to do this triathlon every year. But this year was a little rough! I crashed at the beginning of my bike ride and munched my handlebars, not to mention my nose, shoulder and knee! And to top that all off, my chain came off. After struggling to get it back on, getting totally mad that someone wasn't around to help, I realized that if no one was there to help, then no one saw me totally endo over my handlebars either. (Tender mercies!?!)Anyway, I got my chain on and thought I was doing pretty well, until I got into the transition area to change my shoes for the run when the head guy came over and practically insisted I go see the medics. I felt fine, after all I had just finished a 14 mile bike ride, so I convinced him I would be fine. I guess what alarmed him was the large streak of blood I had coming from a cut on my nose that I had no idea about. I guess that's the beauty of adrenaline. Anyway, I thankfully finished the race, and will look forward to smoking this years time, next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment